This Roasted Bell Pepper and Avocado Salsa is great served with corn chips, tortillas, tacos, burritos, tostadas, etc. This salsa recipe will definitely spiced up your next summer cookout.
- 1 ripe, firm avocado, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 large red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced*
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced*
- 2 tablespoons red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, freshly-squeezed
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
In a large bowl, combine avocado, roasted red and yellow peppers, onion, cilantro, and garlic.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, rice vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour over avocado mixture and stir gently to combine.
Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use. Remove from refrigerate 1/2 hour before using to bring to room temperature.
Serve with corn chips, tortillas, tacos, burritos, tostadas, Homemade Baked Tortilla Chips, etc.
* I usually use bottled roasted peppers.
Recipe by Chef Sarah Scott of the Robert Mondavi Winery of California.