This Black Bean Salad with Feta is definitely a winner! It is easy to make, low in fat and calories, and absolutely delicious! This salad holds up well in the refrigerator for several days.
For more great Low Fat Recipes, Low Calorie Recipes, Low Carbohydrate recipes, and Diabetic Recipes, check out my Diet Recipe Index. Also check out my Nutritional Chart for fat grams, fiber grams, and calories for all your favorite foods.
- 2 (15-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 sweet red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped
- 2 cups cabbage, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra-virgin
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl, combine beans, bell pepper, cabbage, onion, feta cheese, parsley, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper; toss to mix.
Cover and refrigerate until well chilled.
Makes 8 servings (1 cup each).
Each Serving Totals - 6.1 Fat Grams,138.6 calories, 3.2 WW Points
Source: Photo courtesy of Cindy Masterson-Roth and her blog, Just North of Wiarton & South of the Checkerboard.
Categories:Beans Cabbage Recipes Goat Cheese, Chevre Cheese- Feta Cheese & Ricotta Cheese Salad & Salad Dressing Recipes