Creamy mustard salad dressing is simply decadent with the addition of hard-cooked eggs. I like to serve this dressing over Romaine Lettuce. and it is also be great on a spinach salad. Making your own salad dressing is much easier than you might think. It is nice to be able to control what goes in your dressing and adjust for your dietary needs. Try using a sugar substitute or sour cream for a healthier version of this delicious salad dressing.
- 2 eggs, hard-cooked (still warm is preferable)*
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt or sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 garlic clove, minced or crushed
- 1/2 cup olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons whipping cream or heavy cream**
- 1/4 cup red or white wine vinegar
Then adding one (1) ingredient at a time and in the order listed, stir in the salt, sugar, pepper, garlic, olive oil, Dijon mustard, cream, and vinegar. When blended, whisk until emulsified.
Store, covered in the refrigerator. Whisk before serving.
Makes approximately 1 1/2 cups.
* Learn how to Boil Perfect Eggs.
** I have also substituted sour cream.
Source: I adapted this delicious Creamy Mustard Dressing from the Oregonian FOODay, Tuesday, May 3, 2011.
Categories:Condiments - Sauces - Butters - Relishes - Jam and Jelly Recipe Egg Recipes Salad Dressings & Vinaigrettes