Celery Root Soup with Truffle Oil is a very unique blend of flavors that tastes fantastic together. This soup is a spectacular starter for a dinner party. It is easy-to-make and fun to mix things up with something new and unexpected. It has a creamy texture and rich taste in every spoonful.
Please check out my Poached Chicken Breasts with Blackberry Cabernet Sauce dinner menu which includes this fabulous Celery Root Soup with Truffle Oil.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 1 small celeriac (celery root), peeled and cut into large dice
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into large dice
- 4 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 2 cups cream, milk, or half & half cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- White Truffle Oil (for garnish)
In a food processor or blender, puree the cooked mixture until smooth. Pour the puree back into the soup pot; add either the milk, cream, or half and half. NOTE: Adjust the consistency of the soup with either less or more milk, cream, or half and half. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Over low heat, reheat soup until warm. Serve in warm soup bowls with a drizzle of truffle oil on the surface of the soup.
I have also garnished this soup with some Chantrelle Mushrooms and tarragon oil.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
* Learn how easy it is to make your own homemade Chicken Stock - Basic Chicken Stock.