This very addictive Beef Nacho dish is so good and so easy to make! It disappears so very quickly when I serve it to my family and friends. Great to take to a party or to enjoy while watching a football game. Whatever toppings you want to use to build your nacho platter, be sure to assemble them in layers of chips and toppings.
Also check out my family’s favorite Monday Night Football Nachos – This easy-to-make nacho dish is a family favorite. My family liked to eat this nacho dish while watching football.
- 1 pound ground beef, extra-lean (hamburger)
- 1 package taco seasoning mix or 1/2 cup diced jalapeño chile peppers*
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese, sharp, shredded**
- Avocado slices or Guacamole
- Sour Cream
- Tomatoes, diced
- Tomato Salsa or Taco Sauce
- Corn chips or tortilla chips
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add ground beef and taco seasoning mix or chile peppers; saute until brown. Remove from heat and drain off any fat.
On a large ovenproof platter, spread in layers the refried beans, ground beef, onion, and then the cheddar cheese.
In a microwave or oven, heat just until cheese melts. Remove from oven.
To serve, top with toppings of your choice such as avocado slices, guacamole, sour cream, diced tomatoes, sliced olives, salsa, and/or taco sauce. Serve with corn or tortilla chips.
Makes 4 servings.
* Vary the hotness of the nachos to your taste.
** You can substitute with a variety of different cheeses, such as hot pepper cheese and Monterery Jack cheese.