Zucchini Frittata with Herbs and Goat Cheese is a very colorful and tasty frittata. Any leftovers keep well and can be gently reheated and served the next day.
This delicious Zucchini Frittata recipe, comments, and photos were shared with my by Karen Calanchini, Food Stylist and Photographer, of Redding, CA.
More great Egg Recipes, Brunch and Breakfast Recipes.
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup buttermilk, well shaken
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup zucchini squash, unpeeled, shredded
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (any color or variety), halved
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, fresh, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, fresh, thinly sliced
- Coarse salt or sea salt and freshly-ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Tomato Raisin Fusion Salsa*
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped (white and green parts)
Preheat broiler and move oven rack up to broiling position.
In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the eggs and buttermilk until well combine. Add salt and pepper; set aside.
In a large oven-safe frying pan or skillet over medium heat, heat the olive oil. Add shredded zucchini, onion, garlic, and red pepper flakes, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is tender (do not overcook as zucchini can get mushy). Stir in the cherry tomatoes, mint, basil, salt, and pepper.
Stir in the prepared egg mixture to the zucchini mixture.
Add crumbled goat cheese and the Tomato Raisin Fusion Salsa (or your favorite salsa) to the zucchini/egg mixture.
Cook, approximately 2 to 3 minutes, using a spatula to lift the cooked edges and allow any uncooked eggs to flow underneath. This is so the still uncooked egg mixture can flow toward the edges and set up.
Place the pan under the broiler until the frittata is set and the top is golden, approximately 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Remove from oven.
To serve, sprinkle the Zucchini Frittata with chopped green onions and cut into serving-size wedges.
Serving Suggestion: This Zucchini Frittata pairs well Sun-dried Tomato Chicken Sausage or Chipotle Chorizo Chicken Sausage and fresh (in season) fruits.
Makes 4 servings.
* May substitute your favorite salsa.
Categories:Egg Recipes Goat Cheese, Chevre Cheese- Feta Cheese & Ricotta Cheese Stratas and Frittatas Zucchini Squash/ Crookneck/ Misc. Summer Squash
Comments and Reviews
Leave a Reply