This Lobster Macaroni and Cheese dish is a very decadent macaroni and cheese? Please do not worry about the calories, as they just slide easily down your stomach! Makes a great company dish. Your guests will be blown away by this Lobster Macaroni and Cheese!
Pasta Hints and Tips and Pasta, Rice, and Main Dish Recipes. Also more great Lobster Recipes.
- 12 ounces penne or elbow macaroni pasta
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 (7-ounce) lobster tail meat, cut into 1-inch pieces*
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (4 ounces) Fontina Cheese, grated
- 1 cup (2 ounces) Gruyere Cheese, grated
- 1 cup (2 ounces) sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- Tabasco Sauce or hot pepper sauce to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- Coarse salt and coarsely-ground black pepper to tste
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoon green onion tops or chives, minced
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese (Parmigiano-Reggiano), grated
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pan to keep warm. Learn How To Cook Pasta Properly.
In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Add the lobster meat and poach for approximately 2 to 3 minutes or until opaque in color. Note: You do not want to completely cook the lobster as it will finish cooking in the oven. Remove from heat and remove the lobster from the butter with a slotted spoon to a plate; set aside.
Return the saucepan with the butter back to medium heat. Add flour and cook, whisking constantly, until smooth, about 1 minute. Whisk in milk and cook, stirring constantly until the sauce has thickened, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Remove pan from heat and stir in the cream cheese, Fontina cheese, gruyere cheese, and cheddar cheese; stir until the cheeses are melted and blended together. Add the brandy, Tabasco Sauce, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste, whisking to combine. Pour the cheese mixture over the cooked pasta, stirring to combine. Gently stir in the cooked lobster meat.
In a large casserole dish or oven-proof dish, pour in the lobster macaroni and cheese mixture. The macaroni should be soupy at this point, as it will absorb a large amount of sauce as it bakes. Note: The dish can be covered and refrigerated for up to 1 day at this point.
In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, chives, and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
To cook, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Top the dish with bread crumb mixture. Place in oven and bake approximately 20 minutes (longer if refrigerated) until hot and bubbling and the bread crumbs are golden brown.
Remove from oven and let cool for approximately 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with any remaining lobster.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
* More lobster meat may be added as desired. Also learn How To Buy Frozen Lobster Tails.
Categories:Cheese Dinner Lobster Pasta Recipes