This Bean and Olive Salad is definitely a winner! It is easy to make just using the standard ingredients that you keep in your pantry. This salad is great by itself, but another great variation is to add it to cooked salad pasta for an outstanding Bean and Olive Pasta salad.
More of Linda’s wonderful Salad and Salad Dressing Recipes and Fresh, Dried, and Canned Bean Recipes.
Bean and Olive Salad Recipe:
Keyword: Bean and Olive Salad Recipe
Servings: 6 to 8 servings
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- Coarse salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans (white beans), rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, and Dijon mustard. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Add beans, onion slices, and olives; toss to combine.
Place prepared salad in the refrigerator for about 2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to blend properly.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Categories:Beans Salad & Salad Dressing Recipes