Cherry and Blue Cheese Salad Recipe:
Keyword: Cherry and Blue Cheese Salad Recipe
Servings: 8 to 10 servings
Cherry and Blue Cheese Salad:
- 3/4 cup milk red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 cups cold water
- 3 quarts bite-size mixed salad greens
- 1 pound dark cherries, pitted (if using frozen, thaw first)
- 3/4 cup Blue Cheese, crumbled (gorgonzola or Roquefort cheese may be substituted)
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine (I like to use Pinot Noir wine)
- 1/4 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cup olive oil, extra-virgin
Cherry and Blue Cheese Salad Instructions:
Prepare Raspberry-Wine Dressing; set aside.
Place onions and lemon juice in a bowl with the 2 cups cold water; refrigerate 15 to 30 minutes. When done, pour off liquid and drain well.
In a large bowl, combine drained onions, salad greens, cherries, and enough Raspberry-Wine Dressing to lightly coat the greens.
Sprinkle top of salad with blue cheese and serve.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Raspberry-Wine Dressing Instructions:
In a blender or food processor, combine raspberry vinegar, red wine, raspberries, honey, and basil; whirl 1 minutes or until well blended.
With the motor on, add olive oil in a slow steady stream, whirling until dressing is smooth.
Store, covered, in the refrigerator. Serve at room temperature.
Yields 1 cup.
Categories:Cheese Cherries Raspberries Salad Dressings & Vinaigrettes