Hazelnut Vinaigrette recipe is a favorite of my husband. The hazelnut oil really gives this vinaigrette a special taste!
Check out Linda’s Salad and Salad Dressing Recipes.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons hazelnut oil*
- 1/2 cup olive oil, extra-virgin*
In a blender or food processor, mince the garlic. Add salt and Dijon mustard; whirl drizzling in raspberry vinegar, honey, hazelnut oil, and olive oil.
By gradually whisking or blending the oil into the vinegar, you create an emulsion (a mixture of two liquids that usually do not combine smoothly.)
Store, covered, in the refrigerator. Serve at room temperature.
Makes 1 cup.
* Hazelnut Oil is a nut oil that has been extracted from roasted hazelnuts. Did you know that hazelnuts are also know as filberts. It's taste is similar to roasted hazelnuts. In fact, this is one of my favorite oils to use.
Many top chefs are choosing to include hazelnuts in more and more recipes and dishes because of their excellent flavor and health value. Hazelnut cooking oil has a similar composition to extra virgin olive oil with high content in Omega 9 and Omega 6 fatty acid.
Categories:Condiments - Sauces - Butters - Relishes - Jam and Jelly Recipes Pacific Northwest Salad Dressings & Vinaigrettes
2 Responses to “Hazelnut Vinaigrette Recipe”
Do you know how long the dressing will keep? 7 days?
Stored in the refrigerator it should last a long time.