Spring Potato Radish Salad is a wonderful salad to make when the new spring potatoes, fingerling potatoes and wonderful spring radishes are available. Radishes provide a delicious crunch and an inviting color to this salad. Potato salads are great for picnics, barbecues and perfect for your next potluck or buffet. It is a really easy-to-make recipe that will be one of you new “go to” salads to enjoy.
Try this delicious salad for a light and simple dinner – just add an egg to the sale (cooked anyway you like).
More of Linda’s wonderful Salad and Salad Dressing Recipes.
- 1 pound new or fingerling potatoes, with skins*
- 1 bunch radishes, washed, trimmed, and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra-virgin
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoons mayonnaise (good-quality)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 teaspoons coarse-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Coarse salt or sea salt
- Black pepper, freshly ground
As soon as you can handle the potatoes, cut the warm potatoes into bite-sized chunks and place in a large mixing bowl.
While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the dressing ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, sesame oil, balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, and honey; set aside.
While the potatoes are still warm. thoroughly mixed in the dressing mixture with the potato chunks. Mix in the thinly-sliced radishes and chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
* Small red potatoes may be substituted.