More delicious Pasta, Rice, and Grain Recipes.
- 1 1/2 cups Orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary leaves, fresh, chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock or broth (more if needed)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt or sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, finely ground (or to taste)
In a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, saute orzo in butter, stirring until lightly browned.
Stir in the rosemary, chicken stock, wine, lemon juice, salt, and pepper; bring just to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook approximately 15 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Checking and stirring often so orzo does not stick to the bottom of the pot. Check orzo for degree of firmness you like and add additional chicken broth if needed for further cooking.
When done to your likeness, remove from heat and let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
* Learn how easy it is to make your own homemade chicken stock/broth.