Linguine with Tomatoes and Basil is the perfect pasta recipe for those hot summer days when you garden is plentiful with fresh vine-ripened tomatoes and fresh basil.
Just thinking of this outstanding Linguine with Tomatoes and Basil pasta dish makes me eager for summer! This pasta dish is a simple, classic Italian-style fare that makes the most of summer’s tomatoes.
Please check out my Hot Summer Nights Dinner Menu which includes this pasta dish.
- 6 very ripe large tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and cut into bite-size chunks*
- 1/2 cup olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into strips
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese (Parmigiano-Reggiano), freshly grated
- 3/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed green olives, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, coarsely ground
- 1 (16-ounce) package linguine pasta, uncooked
- Parmesan Cheese (Parmigiano-Reggiano), freshly grated
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pan. Learn How To Cook Pasta Properly.
Add tomato mixture and toss to coat thoroughly.
Transfer onto individual serving plates and garnish with additional parmesan cheese.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
* Learn How To Peel Fresh Tomatoes.