This Tropical Fruit Salsa is a delicious summertime treat. You can develop a real passion for this salsa since it is low in calories and very flavorful. There are no hard-and-fast rules in making salsa. Add or delete ingredients according to your taste. Serve with corn chips (if you eat too many corn chips, then it is not low in calories!) This salsa is also great on fish.
For more great Low Fat Recipes, Low Calorie Recipes, Low Carbohydrate recipes, and Diabetic Recipes, check out my Diet Recipe Index. Also check out my Nutritional Chart for fat grams, carbohydrate grams, and calories for all your favorite foods.
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 peach, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons red onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, fresh-squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Note: You may substitute or add other tropical fruits as you wish. Be creative!
In a medium bowl, combine mango, peach, kiwi fruit, onion, lime juice, salt, red pepper, sugar, mint leaves, and cilantro; adjust flavors to taste.
Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight
Variation Idea: Substitute 1 papaya or 2 large or 3 medium peaches for the mango.
Yields 1 1/2 cups.