Pantry Soup Recipe
With these familiar ingredients on the pantry shelf, this hearty Home At Six Soup can be put on the table in a flash! This has always been a family favorite in our home. Making soup does not get much easier than this easy to make and delicious soup.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (hamburger)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, cup up and undrained
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can corn kernels, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, dried, crushed
- Cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
In a large soup pot over medium heat, combine ground beef and onion; saute until ground beef is brown (drain off fat and discard).
Stir in tomatoes, kidney beans, corn, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, and basil; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 1 hour. Remove from heat.
Serve in soup bowls and garnish with grated cheddar cheese and/or sour cream if desired.
Makes 6 servings.