Vegetable pizza with potato crust is a wonderfully light meal, not to mention the delightful.
This vegetarian pizza is a great meal and you can be creative with the vegetable choices. It is a great way to use the fresh produce from your garden or from your local Farmer’s Market. Imagine, a pizza crust made from potatoes and the delightful smells coming from your kitchen while it bakes!
- 1 medium-sized zucchini squash, thinly sliced
- 1 medium-sized yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 medium-sized yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno chile pepper, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra-virgin, divided
- 1 (5.3-ounce) package soft goat cheese (seasoned or unseasoned)
- 16 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 8 to 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 cup fresh Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Prepare Potato Crust; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine zucchini, summer squash, yellow pepper, red pepper, onion, garlic, jalapeno pepper, and 1 tablespoon olive oil.
In a large frying pan or wok over medium-high heat, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Saute the vegetables mixture until they are crisp tender, stirring often. Remove pan from heat.
Spread goat cheese over baked potato crust; top with cooked vegetables and quartered cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with basil and mozzarella cheese.
Bake approximately 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Butter a 15x10-inch baking dish or pan.
Place raw potatoes in a colander. Salt potatoes and let set for 10 minutes. queeze out the excess water.
In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion, flour, and eggs. Pat potato mixture into prepared baking dish/pan.
Bake 15 minutes. Brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil and bake another 10 minutes.
Place under broiler; broil 2 to 3 minutes or until golden crisp. Remove from oven and return oven temperature 425 degrees F.
Sources: I adapted this Vegetable Pizza with Potato Crust Recipe from the Better Homes and Garden magazine, November 2009. Photo also from Better Homes and Garden.
Categories:Favorite Pizza Recipes Fresh Mozzarella Cheese Gluten free Goat Cheese, Chevre Cheese- Feta Cheese & Ricotta Cheese Potatoes Vegetarian Recipe Index Zucchini Squash/ Crookneck/ Misc. Summer Squash