Easy Street Crab Dip recipe is festive looking and tastes wonderful. How can you beat the flavors of crab combined with hot melted cheese? Crab meat is so delicious.
This crab dip recipe is especially popular to serve during the holiday season. Your guests will be very happy when this crab appetizer comes out of the oven. Serve with crackers or sliced baguette bread. To help reduce party planning stress, this dip can be prepared up to two days in advance and stored in the refrigerator. So easy to make and store.
- 1/2 pound crab meat, cooked or 1 (6-ounce) can crab meat, drained
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 1/2 teaspoons gelatin, unflavored*
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- Assorted crackers
Lightly oil a 4-cup mold and set aside.
Carefully clean the crab meat of any shells or cartilage.
In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine cream cheese and mushroom soup; stir until well blended. Sprinkle gelatin over the soup mixture; stir until well blended.
Stir in mayonnaise until well blended (do not let mixture boil). Remove from heat and stir in the crab meat, green onions, and celery.
Pour crab mixture into prepared mold and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
To unmold, briefly dip mold in hot water, being careful not to let water run into the mold. Invert onto a serving platter and serve with assorted crackers.
Makes approximately 10 servings.
* It is always best to measure the the amount of gelatin needed as the envelopes of gelatin can vary. Learn how to use Gelatin in your cooking and also the history of Gelatin, Gelatine, and JELL-O.
Categories:Crab Crab Appetizers Pacific Northwest Seafood Dips