Serve this very unusual and delicious Baked Radicchio and Herbed Goat Cheese appetizer with crusty bread and enjoy.
- 2 medium heads radicchio, cut into 1/4 inch-thick strips
- 1/4 pound goat cheese, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon marjoram, dried and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, dried and crumbled
- Black pepper to taste
- Italian-style bread, sliced
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Place radicchio in a large shallow baking dish. Arrange goat cheese pieces, in a single layer, over the top.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat olive oil; add garlic and sautapproximately 1 minutes. Remove from heat and add basil, marjoram, rosemary, and pepper. Drizzle over goat cheese and radicchio.
Bake approximately 15 minutes or until cheese begins to melt. Remove from oven and serve with bread slices.
Makes 4 servings.
Source: Baked Radicchio and Herbed Goat Cheese Recipe and photo by Glada De Laurentis and her website. Recipe appeared in Bon Appetit magazine, May 1990.
Categories:Cheese Appetizers Dips, Spreads, Pates & Terrines Goat Cheese, Chevre Cheese- Feta Cheese & Ricotta Cheese Radicchio Radicchio Appetizers