This wonderful dessert Orange Pasta is a creation of Lisa Hutt. Lisa say, “I was so surprised on how well this turn out. I used spaghetti pasta, but I bet angel hair pasta would also work well.” Lisa originally posted this wonderful Orange Pasta recipe on the Food Lovers’ Discussion Group web site.
Learn about Pasta Hints and Tips and also more Pasta, Rice, and Main Dish Recipes.
- 1 (8-ounce) package pasta (spaghetti, linguine, or angel hair)
- 5 ounces orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup port wine
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 blood oranges, supreme if you can, sectioned if you can't*
- 1/4 cup almonds, slivered and toasted
- Cherries, dried (for sprinkling)
Cook pasta according to package directions: drain and let cool; set aside. Learn How To Cook Pasta Properly.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add orange marmalade, orange juice, and port wine; simmer until mixture is reduced in half. Toss in the cooked pasta; heat again until the pasta picks up the flavor of the orange mixture. Add the blood oranges and heat.
Plate the Orange Pasta on individual serving plates and sprinkle with the toasted almonds and dried cherries.
Serve with port wine.
Makes 4 dessert servings.
* Regular oranges may be substituted for the blood oranges.