Fettuccini with Sweet Peppers and Pine Nuts is as beautiful as it is delicious! It is a rich and tasty vegetarian dish. You will not even miss the meat!
Pasta Hints and Tips and more delicious Pasta Recipes.
- 1 (16-ounce) package fettuccine pasta, uncooked
- 1/3 cup olive oil, extra-virgin
- 4 large cloves garlic, coarsley chopped
- 1 large sweet yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded and julienned
- 1 large sweet red bell pepper, cored, seeded and julienned
- 1 large sweet orange bell pepper, cored, seeded and julienned
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley or basil leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt or coarse sea salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions: drain and return to pan to keep warm. Learn How To Cook Pasta Properly.
In a large, heavy skillet heat the olive oil. Add garlic and bell peppers (yellow, red, and orange), and cook for 10 minutes, stirring continuously. Add pine nuts and cook approximately 4 minutes or until they turn golden brown. Gradually stir in basil or parsley. Add olives and capers and heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
In a serving bowl, toss the sauce mixture with prepared pasta.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Categories:Bell Peppers Dinner Pasta Recipes Vegetarian Recipe Collection