Pomegranate Vinaigrette is a great tasting healthy salad dressing. This recipe is a low-fat, low-calorie and low-carbohydrate dressing – plus you have all the benefits and nutrients of the pomegranate juice. When you use this vinaigrette it adds a glow to your salads which makes them just as beautiful as they are good. Once you start making your own salad dressings you will not want to buy bottled dressing again.
For more great healthy recipes, and Diabetic Recipes, check out my Diet Recipe Index. Also check out my Nutritional Chart for fat grams, fiber grams, and calories for all your favorite foods.
Find more Salad and Salad Dressing Recipes.
- 1 cup pomegranate juice (fresh or bottled)*
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon aged Balsamic Vinegar (good quality)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, extra-virgin
In a small stainless steel or non-reactive saucepan over high heat, boil the pomegranate juice until reduced to 1/3 cup, approximately 9 or 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
While still warm, stir in the sugar, salt, balsamic vinegar, and olive oil; set aside to cool.
Yields approximately 2/3 cup vinaigrette.
* Bottled Pomegranate Juice: Be sure you’re buying 100% pomegranate juice, as some juices advertised as pomegranate juice are a blend of apple or grape juices with a small percentage of the more expensive pomegranate juice. There are many brands that are pure pomegranate juice.
Categories:Balsamic Vinegar Condiments - Sauces - Butters - Relishes - Jam and Jelly Recipes Diet recipes Gluten free Pomegranate Recipes Salad & Salad Dressing Recipes