Truffle Oil Vinaigrette will provide a new meaning to your salads as there is something about the smell of truffle oil that makes you want to throw aside your fork and eat the salad with your fingers!
Truffle Oil Vinaigrette is a wonderful gastronomic experience with the extra twist of the flavor of truffle oil! If you like truffle oil, you will definitely like this viniagrettre.
Check out my recipe for Mixed Greens Salad with Truffle Oil Dressing and Salad and Salad Dressing Recipes.
- 2 tablespoons white truffle oil*
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1 tablespoon champagne wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (fleur de sel) or coarse salt
- Few gridings of black pepper
In a small bowl, whisk together white truffle oil, olive oil, champagne wine vinegar, lemon juice, sea salt, and black pepper; set aside or refrigerate until ready to use.
NOTE: If refrigerating, bring to room temperature before using.
Makes approximately 1/2 cup dressing.
* Truffle oil is top-quality olive oil that has been infused with either white or black truffles. Both types of truffles have an earthy, mushroom like flavor. Truffle oil was originally created when truffles are soaked in olive oil.
Before commercial truffle oil was introduced in the 1980s, chefs in Italy and France traditionally made their own by steeping tiny bits of fresh truffles in high-quality olive oil.
Categories:Condiments - Sauces - Butters - Relishes - Jam and Jelly Recipes Salad Dressings & Vinaigrettes Truffles & Truffle Oils