Creamy Roasted Garlic Sauce is simple recipe that is so delicious! Your home will be filled with the most maddening, irresistible, and mouth-watering aromas imaginable!
Roasting garlic makes it sweet, mellow, creamy, and even more flavorful. There are so many uses for this sauce, such as with pasta or rice, steaks or chicken, on vegetable, etc. Let your imagination be your guide with this Creamy Roasted Garlic Sauce.
More wonderful Butters, Condiments, Sauces, Relish and Jelly Recipes for more great ideas.
- 2 garlic cloves, unpeeled*
- 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dry white wine
- 3/4 cup heavy cream or whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese (Parmigiano-Reggiano), finely grated
- Dash of nutmeg, freshly grated
- Coarse salt and freshly-cracked pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Place the garlic cloves in a small piece of aluminum foil or in a small oven-proof pan. Roast until garlic is soft for approximately 30 minutes. Remove from oven; when garlic is cool, squeeze out the garlic and mash it slightly.
Place the mashed garlic in a small saucepan with the white wine and cream; cook and reduce until it just starts to thicken. Add the Parmesan cheese and nutmeg. Whisk constantly until heated through and fairly smooth.
Add salt and pepper according to taste.
* While you are at it, how about roasting a whole head or heads of garlic for later use?
Check out my web page with a photo tutorial on making Roasted Garlic.
Categories:Beef Sauces Condiments - Sauces - Butters - Relishes - Jam and Jelly Recipes Garlic Pasta Sauces