Parmesan Asiago Spread is very addictive and so delicious! Serve this fantastic Parmesan Asiago Spread as a topping for bread (crostini), tossed with pasta, on a baked potato, spooned over fresh sliced tomatoes, topping for a pizza, or as an appetizer spread – the possibilities are endless. This tasty spread is best made a day ahead.
Everyone always go crazy for this dip or spread and usually ask how to make it. This is a great appetizer to serve your guest with drinks. For a special treat during your fresh tomato season, spread some of this spread on a thick-sliced tomato. So bring out your food processor and make this spread.
- 8 ounces Parmesan Cheese (Parmigiano-Reggiano), broken into small 1/2-inch chunks
- 8 ounces Asiago cheese, broken into small 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly-ground
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups olive oil, extra-virgin
Place Parmesan and Asiago cheese chunks into a food processor; process about 10 seconds or until cheese breaks into small granules.
Add garlic, pepper, basil, green onions, pepper flakes, and olive oil to the bowl of a food processor; process until mixed in.
Transfer the topping to a sealed container and refrigerate for up to a week. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Yields approximately 3 1/2 cups.
Categories:Cheese Dips Parmesan Cheese - Asiago Cheese Appetizers Vegetarian Appetizers Vegetarian Recipe Index