Reva’s Vegetable Quiche Recipe
Recipe and Photo By Ellen Easton 2020 – All Rights Reserved
I may be partial to this light vegetable filled quiche because it is from my mother’s Reva’s secret recipe box. I hope you too will find it equally as delicious at your next afternoon tea, luncheon, or supper.
- Pastry for 9-inch one crust pie
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 onions, diced
- 8 to 10 mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 10 large or 12 small asparagus spears, cooked and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh carrots, shredded or julienned
- 3 large or jumbo eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup of heavy cream or milk*
- 1 tablespoon of fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons chives, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine, diced
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Position oven rack in middle of oven.
Prepare pie pastry. Place the piecrust in your pie plate. Crimp the edges and set aside.
In a large skillet or frying pan over low heat, melt the 2 tablespoons butter. Add the onions and mushrooms and sautuntil they are soft; set aside to cool.
Fill the prepared pie plate with the shredded Swiss cheese. Add the cooled mushrooms/onion mixture on top of the Swiss cheese, followed by the asparagus and carrots; set aside.
In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add milk or cream, parsley, chives, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Pour mixture over the vegetables in the piecrust. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Place 1 tablespoon of diced butter over the top of the cheese.
Bake approximately 25 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean when removed.
* Do not use skim milk, but 100% non-fat Lactaid is OK.
Note: Any combination of your favorite vegetables (shredded), may be substituted.
TEA TRAVELS™ – Wishing You Happy TEA TRAVELS!™ Tea is the luxury everyone can afford!™ and Good $ense for $uccess are the trademarked property of Ellen Easton/ RED WAGON PRESS
Categories:Brunch & Breakfast Easter Egg Recipes Mother's Day Quiche Recipes Savory Pies and Tarts/Torte Recipes Tea Travels™ Savories