More delicious Condiments and Sauce Recipes for great cooking ideas.
- 1 cup cilantro leaves (smaller tender stems are fine to use)
- 2 cups parsley leaves (Italian)
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika (sweet or smoked or some of each)
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes or 1/2 jalapeno chile pepper (seeds and membrane removed)
- 1 large pinch saffron
- 1/3 cup olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly-squeezed (about 1 large lemon)
In a food processor, add all the ingredients listed above; pulse until a thick paste forms.
Store the prepared Chermoula Sauce in a glass container with a tight-fitting lid for up to 3 weeks in the refrigerator. Stir before using.
To freeze, drop spoonfuls into an ice cube tray that has been sprayed with a non-stick olive oil spray. When frozen solid, remove from Ice cube tray and put into a freezer bag. You can now use the individual cubes as needed.
Yields: 1 cup of sauce.
Categories:Chile Peppers Condiments - Sauces - Butters - Relishes - Jam and Jelly Recipe International Regional Foods Moroccan Saffron