- 6 ounces linguine pasta, uncooked
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, peeled and seeded
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh-squeezed*
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoon salsa, prepared
- 1 jalapeno chile pepper, stems, ribs, & seeds removed, very finely diced (optional)**
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- Coarse salt to taste
- Black pepper, coarsely ground, to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente. Learn How To Cook Pasta Properly.
While the pasta is cooking, place the avocado, lime juice, garlic, prepared salsa, chile pepper (if using), cilantro, salt, and pepper into a food processor or blender. Process until mixture is smooth and creamy.
When pasta is done cooking, remove from heat, drain, and place the cooked pasta into a large serving bowl. Add the prepared guacamole sauce and toss until the pasta is well coated. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
Divide the pasta among 2 individual serving bowls or plates. Serve immediately.
Makes 2 servings.
Each Serving Totals - 16.5 Fat Grams, 73.7 Carbohydrate grams, 487 Calories
* I vary the amount of lime juice used according to my tastes at the time.
** Sometimes I add some minced chile peppers and other times I do not. It is your choice.