- 1 (16-ounce) package egg noodles, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into thin strips
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2" pieces
- 2 cups sugar snap peas or snow pea pods
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup assorted fresh herbs (tarragon, thyme, dill, and basil), snipped or chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- Feta cheese, crumbled
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pan to keep warm. Learn How To Cook Pasta Properly.
In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add bell pepper, garlic, squash, sugar peas or pea pods, and vegetable broth; bring just to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp and tender. Stir in herbs of your choice and season with salt and pepper.
Remove from heat and pour over pasta; toss to coat evenly.
Transfer onto individual serving plates. Garnish with feta cheese.
Makes 6 servings.
Categories:Bell Peppers Pasta Recipes Peas Vegetarian Recipe Collection Zucchini Squash/ Crookneck/ Misc. Summer Squash