Gourmet Hot Crab Dip is amazingly rich and comforting and it is special enough to make for any holiday celebration. Serve with crackers or sliced baguette bread. This crab dip is always popular at gatherings I take it to. Every time I serve this Gourmet Hot Crab Dip it is a huge hit and it gets raves and everyone wants the recipe. This crab dip is a winner!
Can be prepared ahead of time, covered, and refrigerated until ready to bake. I also double this recipe during the holiday season and divide into two separate baking dishes.
- 1 pound crab meat, cooked*
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup celery, finely-chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely-chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh-squeezed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons horseradish, prepared
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Few drops hot sauce, or to taste
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese (Parmigiano-Reggiano), freshly-grated
- Coarse salt
- Baguette bread or crackers (of your choice)
- Green onion, chopped, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium-size bowl, combine cream cheese and sour cream until smooth and no lumps appears.
Stir into the cream cheese mixture the garlic, celery, green onion, lemon juice, horseradish, Dijon mustard, hot sauce, parmesan cheese, and Cayenne pepper.
Fold in the crab meat until well mixed. Add salt and adjust seasonings to taste.
Place the crab dip in an ungreased small 2-cup baking dish.
When ready to serve, bake for approximately 20 to 25 minutes or until top is bubbly and just starting to turn brown.
Garnish with sliced green onion, if desired. Serve with crackers or baguette bread slices.
* You may use either fresh or frozen cooked crab meat or canned crab meat in this recipe. If using fresh crab meat, carefully clean the crab meat of any shells or cartilage.