Gorgonzola Stuffed Dates are a favorite finger-food appetizer to serve just about anytime you crave them. Stuffed dates are so easy to make and and are a delicious appetizer that is perfect for any occasion. To ease your party rush, you can prepare the fill a couple of days ahead of time and then refrigerate them.
- 1 (8-ounce) package large dates, pitted*
- 4 tablespoons gorgonzola cheese (not crumbled), room temperature
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons toasted almonds, pecans, or walnuts, etc. (your choice), chopped**
Using a sharp knife, cut a lengthwise slit down the center, but not through, each date to open the dates up; set aside.
In a small bowl, mash together the gorgonzola cheese and cream cheese. When thoroughly mixed, stir in the chopped nuts.
One-by-one, spread each date open and place approximately 1/2 teaspoon of the cheese/nut mixture inside the pocket of each date. Smooth out the top and place the prepared date on a serving platter. Repeat with the remaining dates.
The dates can be prepared a few days ahead, covered tightly, and kept refrigerated. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Makes 18 to 20 stuffed dates.
* To Pit Dates: To pit the date, slice the date open lengthwise, and use the tip of the blade to pry the pit out.
** To Toast Nuts: Toast walnuts in a small skillet over low heat for approximately 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Watch the nuts carefully so that they don’t burn.
Categories:Blue Cheese & Gorgonzola Cheese Cheese Appetizers Dates Dates and Figs Appetizers Finger Food Appetizers