This delicious Jalapeno Cheese Quiche with a combination of fresh and pickled jalapes, and with the crispy and flaky crust was a savory treat. Feel free to play with the fresh herbs, using parsley, sweet basil or even tarragon in your quiche.
This delicious Jalapeno Cheese Quiche recipe, comments, and photos were shared with me by Karen Calanchini, Food Stylist and Photographer, of Redding, CA.
More great Egg Recipes, Brunch and Breakfast Recipes, and lots of Southwest-Style Recipes.
- 1 (9-inch) pie shell or pie crust, previously baked
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons red onion, finely-diced
- 2 small jalapeno chile peppers, seeded and ribs removed, finely-diced
- 1/2 cup cream (half and half)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chives, fresh, snipped
- Slices of Jalapeno chile pepper, jarred, pickled (tamed)
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack Cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spread the cream cheese over the bottom of the prepared pie crust and evenly distribute the diced onion and jalapeno chile peppers over the top.
Pour the half and half cream and milk into a bowl. Add the eggs, paprika, and salt; whisk until thoroughly mixed. Stir in the chives. Pour into the baked pie crust.
Bake approximately 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean when removed. Note: I used aluminum foil wrap to protect the edges of the pie crust so they would not become overly brown. This is to your preference and optional.
After 30 minutes, remove from oven and arrange the sliced pickled jalapeno slices on top. Sprinkle the grated cheese over the top. Return to oven and bake another 10 to 15 minutes or so until the cheese has melted and is a golden brown. Remove from oven and serve.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Categories:Baking Cheese Egg Recipes Other Types of Pies Pies Southwest Brunch and Breakfast Torte Recipes