Feel free to jazz up your burgers how you like them. However this Jazz It Up Hamburgers on Ciabatta Buns Recipe offers lots of pure, straight forward flavor from the fresh ingredients. I rarely use condiments like mayonnaise on my burgers, as it just adds calories.
These easy-to-make and delicious hamburger recipe, comments, and photos were shared with me by Karen Calanchini, Food Stylist and Photographer, of Redding, CA.
- 2 Ciabatta Buns, sourced from a good bakery*
- Olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1 pound ground beef sirloin, local, organic (if you can find a source) or extra-lean ground beef (hamburger)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormicks Montreal Grill Mates Steak Seasoning (or your favorite steak seasoning)
- 3 to 5 cloves garlic, fresh, diced
- 3 medium-size onions, sliced (I used one red, one yellow, one white)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt or sea salt and freshly-ground pepper
- Lettuce leaves, red and green
- 1 large heirloom tomato or beefsteak tomato, sliced
Cut Ciabatta buns in half, drizzle olive oil over the top, and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine ground beef, Worcestershire Sauce, steak seasoning, garlic; mix well. Using your hands, form the hamburger mixture into two (2) hamburger patties. Place on a large plate and cover with plastic wrap; set aside until ready to grill.
Meanwhile, saute onions in large non-stick pan in olive oil until very soft and just starting to brown. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Prepare your gill (oil hot grill to help prevent sticking). Grill the hamburger patties until a meat thermometer registers an internal temperature of at least 160 degrees F. or to your liking. Remove from grill.
While the hamburger patties are grilling, place the Ciabatta buns on the grill and heat until nice grill marks form; remove from grill.
Place prepared onions on grilled ciabatta buns. Then layer lettuce leaves, hamburger patties, tomato slices, and more onions if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
* You could also make your Hamburger Buns with this easy recipe.
Categories:Beef Sandwiches Hamburgers Hamburgers Lunch
2 Responses to “Jazz It Up Hamburgers on Ciabatta Buns Recipe”
Nothing like fresh buns to take a burger to a whole other level! I love ciabatta buns!
Thanks for this wonderful hamburger recipe and I’m going to try this out soon. I’m always in search new and wonderful delicious cooking recipes and it’s good to be here in this fantastic blog where I can find different tasty recipes. I’m working as a professional housemaid and hence it makes even effective for me to please my employer and the kids with something new every weekend.
I will try this one and then will move to the next one from the already shared list here.