This delicious and very easy-to-make Roasted Baby Squash recipe and photos were shared with me by Karen Calanchini, Food Stylist and Photographer, of Redding, CA. Karen likes to serve this dish with her Spicy Asian Chicken with Citrus.
- 4 baby summer yellow crookneck squash, about 2 inches long
- 4 zucchini squash, about 2 inches long
- 4 round, green squash
- Olive oil
- French Tarragon, fresh, chopped (to taste)
- Thyme, fresh, remove leaves from stem and chop (to taste)
- Coarse salt and freshly-ground pepper to taste
- Balsamic Vinegar (good quality)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Wash and trim ends of each squash and place into a roasting pan.
Add olive oil (just enough to give the squash a nice shiny coating). Add fresh tarragon, thyme, salt, and pepper to taste; toss well with your clean hands.
Roast in the oven until tender when pierced with a fork, approximately 15 to 30 minutes. Check your squash after 15 minutes to determine if further cooking is needed (cooking time will vary according to thickness of squash). Remove from oven when done.
Drizzle with Balsamic Vinegar just before serving
Note: It is fun to play around with infused olive oils. For this dish I used a blood orange olive oil, but have fun with lemon, garlic, or whatever oils appeals to you.
Makes 2 to 4 servings.
Categories:Balsamic Vinegar Side Dishes Vegan Recipes Zucchini Squash/ Crookneck/ Misc. Summer Squash