- 4 (8 to 10-ounces each) loin lamb chops*
- Coarse salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup flour (all-purpose)
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh-squeezed
- 1/3 cup canned chicken stock (low-sodium)
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
Using a small sharp knife, cut around lamb bones; discard bones. Cut off fat and sinew from each piece of meat. Working with one piece of lamb at a time, place each between two (2) pieces of plastic wrap. Working from the center to the edges, gently pound each piece of lamb with a meat mallet to 1/4-inch thick.
Sprinkle lamb generously with salt and pepper (pressing seasoning lightly with your hands).
In a shallow pie plate, add flour. Coat lamb in flour mixture to coat all sides; shake off excess.
In a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon butter and oil. Add lamb and cook approximately 2 minutes per side or until brown and beginning to shrink. Transfer lamb to a serving platter and cover to keep warm.
Add lemon juice, chicken broth, and white wine to frying pan, scraping up any browned bits, and simmer approximately 2 minutes or until liquid is reduced to approximately 1/3 cup. Reduce heat too low; add remaining 3 tablespoons butter (1/2 tablespoons at a time), whisking until melted before adding each additional tablespoon of butter. Add capers and simmer another 1 minute. Remove from heat; pour sauce over the lamb and serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.
* The loin is also a very tender, prized section of the lamb that is usually sold cut into chops. Loin chops are slightly leaner than rib chops and lack the rib bone.
Source: Recipe originally from the Epicurious web site.
I tried the ButcherBox subscription and loved it! In my box I received several nice cuts of organic meat that my family enjoyed over the following weeks. Make shopping a little easier and subscribe to ButcherBox to have quality organic meat delivered directly to your door.