Parma Salad Recipe or Prosciutto Di Parma Insalata is awesome!
An excellent use of quality-aged balsamic vinegar and Parmesan Cheese. This is a very special salad for that special occasion! If serving at a dinner party, this Parma Salad makes an appetizing first course. You will love this light and easy-to-make salad.
Recipe from Chef Emeril Lagasse, Emeril Live Cooking Show, 2001.
More wonderful Salads and Salad Dressing Recipes.
- 1/2 pound Prosciutto di Parma, very thinly sliced, room temperature*
- 4 cups arugula leaves, washed, patted dry, and stemmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil, extra-viring
- 1 tablespoon ages balsamic vinegar (good quality)
- Salt and freshly-ground black pepper (to taste)
- 8 ounces large button mushrooms, stemmed and caps sliced very thinly
- 1 cup artichoke hearts (canned or bottled), very thinly sliced
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes (about 3/4 pound), cored, seeded, and finely diced
- 1/4 pound Parmesan Cheese (Parmigiano-Reggiano), finely shaved**
- 8 fresh thin bread sticks
Arrange the finely-shaved prosciutto slices decoratively around the edges of four (4) salad plates.
In a small bowl, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
In a salad bowl, toss the arugula leaves with 1/2 of the prepared olive oil/balsamic vinegar dressing. Place the arugula leaves in the center of the four (4) individual serving plates.
In the same bowl, toss the mushrooms and artichoke hearts in the remaining 1/2 of the olive oil/balsamic vinegar dressing.
Arrange the mushrooms and artichoke hearts over the arugula leaves. Top with the diced tomatoes and shaved Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Serve with two breadsticks on each plate.
Makes 4 servings.
* Do not remove the band of fat around each slice of prosciutto. The fat helps give the prosciutto its balance of flavor and texture.
** I find the using a cheese slicer or vegetable peeler as it works well in slicing the cheese.
Categories:Artichoke Italian Recipes Parmesan Cheese - Asiago Cheese Prosciutto Salad & Salad Dressing Recipes