Avocado Tomato Melt Sandwich is absolutely delicious that it is hard to stop at just one sandwich! You will love this easy-to-make Avocado Tomato Melt Sandwich, especially using vine-ripened tomatoes from your garden or the Farmer’s Market.
More delicious Tomato Recipes and Sandwiches Recipes for more great cooking ideas.
- 4 English muffins, split*
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 to 2 large tomatoes (vine ripened), sliced thin
- Coarse salt or sea salt
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, freshly chopped
- Mozzarella Cheese, fresh and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Black pepper, freshly-ground
Preheat oven broiler to high.
Under the broiler, toast English muffin halves on a baking sheet until golden brown. Remove from oven.
Top each muffin half with sliced avocados and sliced tomatoes; lightly salt the tomatoes.
Sprinkle chopped basil leaves over the tomatoes. Put a layer of mozzarella cheese over the basil, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, and top with black pepper.
Broil prepared muffin halves for approximately 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese has melted. Remove from oven and enjoy!
Makes 4 servings.
* You could also use bagels instead of English muffins.
Categories:Avocados Fresh Mozzarella Cheese Lunch Sandwich Recipes Tomatoes