The Tuna Supreme spread will tingle your taste buds with all the delicious flavors.
I am a tuna sandwich lover from way back to my childhood. I never would have thought that I would like any tuna sandwich other than the traditional one that I grew up with. This Tuna Supreme Sandwich converted me. This savory, hearty version of tuna salad really livens up the sandwich and leaves me wanting more. I like to make my sandwich extra thick on a nice all grain bread.
- 1 (6-ounce) can solid white tuna, drained well*
- 1/4 cup olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 2 large crusty rolls (halved) or 4 slices good-quality whole-grain bread
- Whole-grain mustard or Dijon-style mustard
- 1 large tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, hard-cooked and sliced
- 6 fresh basil leaves
In a small bowl, combine tuna, olive oil, garlic, wine vinegar, onions, capers, and mustard powder.
Spread roll halves or bread slices with mustard. Spread tuna mixture over mustard.
Top with tomato slices, egg slices, and basil leaves. Top with remaining roll halves or bread slices.
Transfer to individual serving plates to serve.
Makes 2 servings.
* When purchasing canned tuna, purchase the best grade, which is the "albacore white" tuna.
Categories:Lunch Tuna Sandwiches
2 Responses to “Tuna Supreme Sandwich Recipe”
Do you have any recipes without GLUTEN (gluten-free) for small pastries for a High Tea for little girls?
Thank you, Pattie Mills
I am sorry, but at this time, we do not.