Liverwurst Pate Cheesecake is a quick and easy pate using purchased liver sausage (Liverwurst) or braunschweiger. This is an easy version compared to making a time-consuming regular pate. If you like liver sausage, as I do, you will definitely love this Pate Cheesecake Recipe. This was a hit at our holiday party and was simple to make. The following is my version that I hope you will enjoy this pate as much as I do.
Also check out my delicious Liverwurst Pate Spread recipe.
Please check out my Holiday Open House Menu which includes this delicious and easy-to-make Pate Cheesecake.
- 1 cup croutons, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 1/2 teaspoons gelatin, unflavored*
- 12 cup cold water
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (8-ounce) package liver sausage (Liverwurst)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon mustard, prepared
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly-squeezed
- 3 tablespoons pimiento, chopped
- Assorted crackers
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, combine crushed croutons and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
In a small saucepan, soften gelatin in cold water. Over low heat, stir until gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, liver sausage, and mayonnaise; mixing until well blended. Gradually add soften gelatin. Stir in onion, mustard, lemon juice, and pimiento.
Spread mixture over baked crust in the springform pan. Cover with plastic wrap and press gently to pack mixture. Refrigerate several hours or overnight until firm.
To serve, uncover, remove pan sides, and invert onto serving plate. Serve with assorted crackers.
* It is always best to measure the the amount of gelatin needed as the envelopes of gelatin can vary. Learn how to use Gelatin in your cooking and also the history of Gelatin, Gelatine, and JELL-O.
Categories:Cream Cheese- Mascarpone Cheese Gelatin & Pectin Recipes Pate Savory or Appetizer Cheesecakes