No-Crust Vegetable Quiche Recipe is very delicious and easy to make for dinner. This is a lightened-up, healthy crustless quiche with a delicious flavor and fewer calories. This No-Crust Vegetable Quiche is packed with vitamins, nutrients, and flavor. I reduced some of the fat in the recipe by substituting skim milk, egg substitute, and fat-free cottage cheese. Since I do not like reduced-fat cheeses, I used regular cheese. It is your option if you want to reduce the fat further by using those reduced-fat cheeses.
- 1 1/2 cups egg substitute
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) cheddar cheese, extra-sharp, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup milk (non-fat or skim)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoons chipotle pepper or regular chile pepper, ground
- 1 cup cottage cheese (fat-free or light)
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup red or green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves, freshly chopped
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a large bowl, beat egg substitute and eggs until fluffy. Add 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese, milk, flour, baking powder, salt, chipotle pepper, and cottage cheese; mix together.
In a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. coat pan with cooking spray. Add bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms; saute for approximately 5 minutes or until tender. Add the vegetable mixture and parsley to the egg mixture.
Pour mixture into a 3-quart casserole dish or large quiche dish coated with cooking spray. Top with the remaining 3/4 cup cheddar cheese and 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese. Arrange tomato slices over the top of the cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F. DO NOT REMOVE DISH FROM OVEN. Bake for approximately 35 minutes or until lightly browned and set.
Yields 10 servings.
Source: I adapted this quiche recipe from Cooking Light Magazine, September 2006.
Categories:Chile Peppers Egg Recipes Mushrooms Other Cheeses: Cheddar, Gruyere, Fontina, Monterey Jack, Gouda, Manchero, Queso Cheese, etc. Quiche Recipes Tomatoes Vegetarian Recipe Collection