Mixed Greens with Truffle Oil Dressing is a wonderful gastronomic experience.
The truffle oil provides a new meaning to salads as there is something about the smell that makes you want to throw aside your fork and eat the salad with your fingers! With the truffle oil as your only splurge, the real luxury comes from the lovely combination of flavors and texture in this Truffle OIl Dressing..
This is the best Truffle Oil Dressing ever!
More delicious Salads and Salad Dressing Recipes.
Please check out my Truffle Dinner Menu which includes this Mixed Greens with Truffle Oil Dressing.
- 2 tablespoons white truffle oil*
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1 tablespoon champagne wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (fleur de sel)
- Few grindings of black pepper
Prepare the Truffle Oil Dressing; set aside or refrigerate until ready to use. If refrigerating, bring to room temperature before using.
In a large bowl, toss the spinach and basil leaves with the prepared Truffle Oil Dressing.
Place salad mixture on individual salad plates. Sprinkle each serving with sea salt.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
In a small bowl, whisk together while truffle oil, olive oil, champagne wine vinegar, lemon juice, sea salt, and black pepper; set aside or refrigerate until ready to use.
If refrigerating, bring to room temperature before using.
* Truffle oil is top-quality olive oil that has been infused with either white or black truffles. Both types of truffles have an earthy, mushroom like flavor. Truffle oil was originally created when truffles are soaked in olive oil. Before commercial truffle oil was introduced in the 1980s, chefs in Italy and France traditionally made their own by steeping tiny bits of fresh truffles in high-quality olive oil.
Storing Truffle Oil: Bottled truffle oil loses aroma over time as it is a truffle extract infusion. This delicate oil loses characteristic aroma quickly, so store in the refrigerator. If you are a truffle fanatic, like me, you'll have no trouble using it before the aroma is weakened. Most unrefined oils (oils obtained from cold pressing, mechanical methods) will keep for 3 to 6 months if properly stored in a cool dark location. The refrigerator is the best place to store unrefined oils. Since I started doing this, my truffle oil has maintained its aroma much longer.
Categories:Basil Spinach Spinach Salads Truffles & Truffle Oils