Pasta with Turkey Pepperoni recipe is a snap to make If you have some homemade frozen tomato sauce in your freezer. If not, use either homemade or a good brand of Marinara Sauce.
This pasta dish has the taste of a delicious pizza – but it is pasta. This recipe is great for kids on the run or tired moms! Serve with a fresh green salad and some crusty bread.
This very easy-to-make and delicious Pasta with Turkey Pepperoni recipe, comments, and photo were shared with me by Karen Calanchini, Food Stylist and Photographer, of Redding, CA.
- 8 ounces spaghettini pasta (also known as thin spaghetti pasta)
- 1 1/4 cups tomato sauce or marinara sauce (homemade)*
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 25 slices turkey pepperoni (low-fat), quartered
- 3/4 cup olives (black of green), sliced
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, fresh, chopped
- Salt and freshly-ground pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pan to keep warm. Learn How To Cook Pasta Properly.
In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, add tomato sauce or marinara, sun-dried tomatoes, turkey pepperoni slices, Parmigiano cheese, and mozzarella cheese. Heat, stirring, until the mixture is well combined and hot.
Add the cooked pasta and cook an additional couple of minutes, tossing with tongs.
Add fresh basil leaves, salt, and pepper to taste; toss and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
* Learn how easy it is to make homemade Marinara Sauce.